Sunday Fun





Sunday morning started out as a working in the garden day, but somehow Emery and I really wanted a date day. He works 6 days every single week and by Sunday we are anxious for a "date".
We put the shovels and rakes down and headed off to Ft Worth. A leisurely lunch at La Madeline's, then a visit to see the spring flowers at the Botanic gardens and of course a trip to the Japanese Gardens. On the way home we picked up the new computer, since it was having the Geek Squad setting it up for us.
The day was beautiful, sunny and about 75 degrees out. Clouds were building in the west and by the time 4 o'clock came along the sky was filling with clouds, the rain was just a couple hours away.
We hadn't planned on going to the gardens so I just had my little camera with me and not the new one. But, the pictures captured the beauty.
It was so nice just to take some time together and stroll along hand in hand, soaking in the beauty of each moment. Our lunch was delightful, and we even splurged and split a caramel crème brulee for dessert. Not one part of the day was rushed or hurried.
I watched all the parents with their tiny babies at the gardens and saw them in a different light than ever before. In the past I would see tiny babies and be flooded with memories of our children at that age, but yesterday, I imagined my children with their babies enjoying such moments. It gave me such a good feeling. When I was younger, I dreaded growing older, wondering what it would be like and now, all I can say is that each and every stage of life is so filled with new discoveries, new powerful, joyful emotions and right now, there is such a level of contentment that gives me so much peace of heart.
Its so easy to live in a state of gratitude.





Comments

smilnsigh said…
Oh such beautiful weather you are having!!

Mari-Nanci
Gina said…
It sounds like a perfectly romantic and wonderful day! May I ask what digital camera you use? You photos are always so sharp and colorful. Thank you.
Patty said…
Hi Gina,
Sunday I used my little Sony Cybershot 3.2 mega pixels. I love this little camera for the size and quality of the pictures. Fits in my purse nicely.
My other camera is also a Sony but not so small.

Popular Posts