Riches beyond words


This morning, I have been savoring the most glorious riches.  The cold of winter is being chased from the house by the warmth of the wood stove.   Right next to the stove, by the window, is our wooden rocking chair, the comfort chair.   On my lap, my precious grand-daughter Mei-Ling sits, while I read story after story.  We stop from time to time to talk about this or that bird at the feeders right outside the window.  We are no more than 4 feet from the birds.  So many kinds, so many colors, so many songs.  Watching the delight in this dear child's eyes as she learns the names of the birds or watches them eat, is a gift beyond measure.  Speaking to her of the love God has for even the sparrow is a priceless lesson for me as well as for her.  We stop our reading for a moment to pray for her little brother, who is sick with fever and at the Emergency Room.  It will not be long before we are praying for this dear girls healing and safety while in surgery.  They have scheduled her surgery for the 24th of this month.  

Comments

I hold them both up in prayer...
Your grandchildren often come into my mind and at such times I pray for them--Mei-Ling has so often been in your blog posts that she has become dear to your readers. Such a sensitive and intelligent little one.
These are the best years with grandchildren--we have an opportunity to enjoy them and to share country ways with them.

Popular Posts