Doilies !




 Diana: "Myra Gillis had 37 doilies when she got married, and I'm determined to have AT LEAST as many as she had." 
Anne Shirley: " I suppose it would be impossible to keep house with only 36 doilies. But I assure you, Mr. Wright, Diana will be the sweetest little homemaker in the world... so long as you can afford to let her keep up with the Gillises." 

Somehow, through time I have made, and inherited a lot of doilies and I love them all.  Such little works of art. Some are quite old and made with what is little more than sewing thread.  Care and love have carried them from generation to generation.  

Comments

Delisa said…
Hi Patty, I love your doily pictures! I have collected and made many over the years as well. I used to sit at my grandma's feet and watch her crochet doilies when I was a little girl. It is one of my happiest memories. Have a lovely afternoon! Delisa ;)

Popular Posts