Candle Dipping



As I stand by the stove, dipping candles, the smell of the warm beeswax reminds me that I am at this very moment, smelling the same smell that some ancestor so long ago in the beginning of this country, smelled.  I am doing the very same task, that perhaps my 10th great grandmother performed in Plymouth.  A link, a small one perhaps, but still a link, which in this day and age is rare to find.  Our lives are so vastly different than even our great grandmothers.  Yet, today, as I step back in time with a task so long done away with for most, I bridge the past with the present.  A good moment.  

Comments

Melanie said…
I would love to know how you dip your candles...being so rural here we often use candles..I'd love to make my own.
cheryl said…
I love the new decorating scheme , can't wait to see the finished product . A style of decorating I have always admired .
Little gamer said…
What beautiful candles!

Popular Posts