Texas Weather

A cold front came through in the wee hours of the morning and so today, I sit here at my desk cold. Of course this is my own fault since I have the windows open and even have one window fan going when its only 50 degrees out with a wind chill that puts it to 48. Somehow the cold feels good, makes me feel more alive. I do love the cold and even winter with snow.
The battery in our new car, new to us, its 4 years old, died yesterday. So my sweet husband got up extra early and made the trip to wal-mart for a new battery so I would not be without my car today. He installed it while I made breakfast. I thought about 31 years ago tomorrow, it was the day Emery asked me to marry him. Our 14th date. It was the most important answer I had been asked and am I glad I said yes.
This morning I am making another trip to the Doctor, my infection is not gone, but oh so much better. No symptoms. I suspect there will be one more round of antibiotic and how I wish this thing could have been dealt with naturally, but it didn't respond to any of the treatments I know of. I have always been a bit prideful of my health and of the care I take regarding what I eat, (if only I could be so careful on the amount of what I eat !). I am always shocked when I see ladies my age that can't touch their toes or sit in the lotus position, patting myself secretly on the back that I can do these things with ease. I get a bit puffed up thinking about how many miles I can backpack and how long I can run. Pride is not a good thing in most instances. Humility is so much more attractive. So for the past 6 weeks, I have not hiked, not been on the treadmill, not done only herbal remedies and to be honest I think I have only sat in the lotus position a couple of times, and already I can feel a bit of stiffness when I tried it this morning. I think I needed this infection to humble me a bit. However, that said, I am working overtime now on eating more for health than for pleasure once again. Building up my body. I do not like being out of commission one bit....there is too much to do and too much to see in life and I have no intention of missing out on anything. When we can improve our health by eating better, exercising and de-stressing, we owe it to ourselves to do what it takes. There are times when we cannot control things and this I understand. Now, to take my own advice here and just get working on loosing weight, not just for looks but for my health !

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
My 2005 Camery has 74000 miles on it & my battery just died. My husband owns a starter & alternator shop & sells Interstate batteries. He said that after 17 months you can trade your battery in and get a new one for free. So I marked it down in my car service book so I will remember to trade it out before I just run it to death. Just thought I would pass that money saving tip on...maybe there is something similar with the new battery you just bought. Hope you feel better soon!
aimee said…
Glad you are feeling a bit better--I am impressed that you are so limber! I am not extremely limber and have never been even as a teen and young adult. Really wish I was more so...
Blessings,
Aimee
Dawn said…
I am loving this weather! Now this is what fall is supposed to feel like. =)
One of my neighbor's has lit their fire place, the wood smell is coming through my front door and it smells so, well, so, wintery.
=)
It's not cold enough to turn the heat on yet though, at least not for me.
I am taking this opportunity to air out the house, especially with wind like this, it's a perfect opportunity.

I totally agree with you that the cold makes ya feel more alive. Same goes for me. It's like a huge burst of energy for me.

I hope the doctor will give you an 'all clear' sign. =)

Good Friday tidings to you ~

Popular Posts