"Un rendez-vous d’amour et d’amitié"







"A date with love and friendship" ~Colette~ is a wonderful way to describe the meal table. Once a week we have an extra special meal. The table is set with candles, pretty china, silver and food that is not only nourishment, but an experience to eat. We enjoy each bite, savoring the flavors and the distinct taste of each kind of food. It is the one time a week we have dessert.
The movie Julie and Julia has changed the way I see cooking, meal time and eating. I still feel inspired each and every time plan a meal. All our meals are different than they used to be and my attitude is so different about cooking. It is a JOY. It is something that makes me feel more accomplished. It seems to mesh so well with all the words of the book I love so well, "French Women Don't Get Fat" and I continue to loose weight despite what seems like richer foods. But moderation is the name of the game and I now understand that in a deeper way than I have ever done before. And strangely our food budget has not changed one bit...no processed foods of any kind and shopping only for what I need that week.
Tonight, Filet Mignon, pan seared and served with a shallot wine sauce, Tarragon fingerling potatoes, steamed broccoli and for dessert, mousse au chocolate in chocolate tulip cups.
Of course after this wonderful meal, we had to head to the barn, mud boots and rain coats on to do the milking and gathering eggs. Balance !
~Faites simple~

Comments

aimee said…
Sounds delicious and looks beautiful especially your Tulip Cups! I have admired them in bakeries for quite awhile now but never thought one could do them at home till I saw your post today! Amazing!
Oh it is nice to see you have your zest (passion) for life back:)
Aimee
Stephanie said…
You are a gourmet! The meal looks delicious.
Cat said…
Very pretty table setting! And your menu sound delicious as well.
Patty said…
I must confess, I purchased dessert at the bakery...but they are not difficult to make, youtube has instructions for the tulip part.
aimee said…
TY very much for the info on where to find instructions on the Tulip Cups! I appreciate it:)
Blessings, Aimee
I absolutely love your new title photo--beautiful!
I just finished French Women Don't Get Fat and am totally convinced. I would love to hear any tips or ideas that you took from the book. Also do have a good source for really good recipes??

Popular Posts