A Challenge To Myself

We had a lovely meal last night, everything tasted so good, and the atmosphere was perfect for conversation and gazing at one another but we both woke up feeling sluggish, or as Emery says, "stoved up", which is a term I had never heard before meeting him. Maybe Yankee's don't use such a phrase. We are not big meat eaters, matter of fact I can count on my fingers how many times I have cooked steak in my 30 years of marriage. I think our bodies just rebel when we eat something like a Filet Mignon. I only ate half of mine at that. Don't get me wrong, the taste was outstanding, it's just I seem to have more of a slant to be vegetarian and so doesn't Emery.
The dessert was way too rich and we honestly should have just shared one instead of each having our own. With this in mind, I am going to challange myself to put the same zeal into some vegetarian meals. The same kind of care and attention to detail, the same ethusiasm for cooking, for having meals where you taste each ingredient as if it was a fine wine. Presenting them with the same care as I have been doing. Since I have not been buying any processed foods, the only ingredients I need to change, is the meat aspect. Everything else has been fresh organic fruits and veggies.
We will be planting our fall garden soon and then a short time our meals will include fresh garden produce again. Flavored in the same way as I have been doing with the recent Julia Child recipes. It is our once a week oh la la meal that needs the most tweeking to satisfy our desire for more healthy eating. The rest of our meals are more simple and certainly less fussy without all the richness. I like this new challenge I have set upon myself.
Have been checking out the recipes in the cookbook, "The Optimal Diet" by Blaney and Diehl. I love that book.
My goal in life remains ever the same, keep it simple, but still enjoy beauty without it compromising your well being. That goes for everything, including buying things for the house, and clothing. Speaking of clothing...time to put on my wellies and check out the garden after the big rains last night and this morning. Time to roam around a bit outside and thank the good Lord for the life I have...and then do some sewing and some spinning this afternoon. The cool morning has reminded me that fall is actually going to arrive in the near future.

Comments

TinaJewel said…
I wondered when I saw the meat and the dessert if you were going to be ok with all that? But now you know! It did look delicious and the table was beautiful as always! Do you do the meal as your Sabbath supper?

I love rainy days too! My mother would use a rainy day to make cards, scrapbooks, or sew! So when rainy days come my creative juices start to flow!

Blessings to you on this wonderful day!!!
Tina

Popular Posts