When I was a child we lived in a very big old house and it had coal heat. Winters in New England can be very cold and this house was drafty beyond words. My father and uncles would be working hard to keep the coal furnace filled.
In the living room we had a kerosene heater just like the one in my picture. I remember loving it when my mother or grandmother would turn off the lights and the light from the heater would make fancy designs on the walls and ceilings. Last year I had the opportunity to buy this heater. Good memories of snowy evenings sitting together, warm and cozy around the heater. We don't use the one we bought but use our wood stove for heat but every time I walk by the old kerosene heater in my dining room, memories flood my heart and it warms me in a special way.
Last night we were very happy for the warmth from our woodstove as a cold front blew in from the north and turned the never ending summer into fall here in Texas

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
Very cozy post! I loved the memories and both the stoves are beautiful!
Patty said…
we finally have some cool weather, now it feels like thanksgiving time.

Popular Posts