We had the privilege as a family to watch a border collie in action at the Homestead Heritage Craft Fair last Friday. He was an amazingly hard worker.
I have posted some pictures of him at work and one of our Wee little Fergus MacSnow. He sure is growing fast. Just look back at his earlier pictures in my blog ! I have been having so much fun training Fergus. He sits on command, comes when called and is already by his nature, herding (rounding up) the chickens and getting them in one area. This next week I will start training him with the whistle, right now I am using voice commands but will gradually transfer him over to only the whistle. By spring he will have a few sheep and a couple goats to be working. Its amazing to see how intelligent this tiny little puppy is.

Comments

Sunny said…
Patty
I haven't had much time to compute but I've been catching up on your blogs from time to time. I finally had a chance to post on mine and hope to put on some pics of Korea soon. (sure now that I'm about to leave the country!)
Patty said…
I have missed you ! Glad you are coming home soon. Have you had fun ?

Popular Posts