Its a bit earlier for me than most years, as we have had this tradition of waiting for the first weekend in December to put the tree up. But, we put our tree up today and at this moment my living room is filled with boxes of Christmas decorations. I go overboard at Christmas and decorate each and every room of my house, including the bathrooms. Its my favorite holiday and that is reflected in the amount of decorations we have. In the next few days I will post pictures of what it looks like around here at the holidays.
Aside from getting the tree up and decorated and making soap, I also picked some things from the garden. Its growing wonderfully right now and we had the blessing of picking enough broccoli to have with our evening meal. There are a few tomatoes still on the vine but tonight it is supposed to get down to about 30 degrees, so not sure if they will make it or not. It seemed strange to this old Yankee, to be putting the tree up and picking from the garden on the same day.

Comments

Popular Posts