Thankful for What ?


Thankful for What ?
Not for the mighty world, oh, Lord, tonight,
Nations and kingdoms in their fearful might;
Let me be glad the kettle gently sings,
Let me be thankful... just for the little things.
Thankful for simple food and supper spread,
Thankful for shelter and a warm, clean bed,
For little joyful feet that gladly run
To welcome me when my day's work is done.
Thankful for friends who share my joy and mirth,
Glad for the warm, sweet fragrance of the earth,
For golden pools of sunlight on the floor,
For peace that bends above my lowly door.
For little friendly days that slip away
With only meals and bed, and work and play,
A rocking-chair and kindly shining light,
For little things... let me be glad tonight
~Edna Jaques~
Photos
the fall garden
a basket of wool roving waiting to be spun into yarn
apple pie right from the oven
Amish white bread cooling on the hutch
the living room

Comments

Julian said…
so beautiful. ....christina
QuiltingFitzy said…
I am thankful for you.

..that you share so freely on your blog for others to read and soak up your thoughts and wisdoms.

...that you don't run when anonymous folks vie for attention by posting ugliness.

...that you don't run and hide when things don't go your way, but strive to maintain.

...that you spread calmness and love to all around you, always.

...that you bring me a sense of peace.
Cat said…
Gorgeous pics, and a lovely poem.

Bless you,
Cate

www.momentsofwhimsy.wordpress.com
I saw a bit of the House Hunters tv show when I dropped in next door tonight. Such huge, ugly [to me] expensive houses, very unwelcoming. The poem describes my kind of home very well and your photos evoke a kitchen full of good smells and simply good eating.
... Paige said…
lovely post and love the photos...guess that one can be called a bread basket

laughther, I'm thankful for
Patty said…
Thanks Fitzy for the kind words

Popular Posts