Mr Buck Comes To Visit


We are a bit later than we like on the goat breeding this year. Guess too much has been going on to make that a priority, but last night Steven and Emery went to pick the dashing young buck up. Within 5 minutes of his arrival, he had completed the task at hand with Licorice. At this rate, I think he will be back at his owners in no time at all ! He is a stinky fella, but cute, tame and very friendly, which is not always a good thing with a buck, especially this one, since he is rather odorous and has no problem coming up to you and rubbing his smelly head on your leg or arm.
So, if all goes well, it looks like we will have babies due on April Fools day and hopefully Faith will be close behind in kidding.
Heading to the shower so that I don't smell like an old buck at the Doctors office, I am thinking they might not appreciate that smell filling up their waiting room : )
Love farm life... while I was outside photographing Mr Buck, I had to take a few pictures of the leaves turning color.

Comments

swedishcowboy said…
We have a herd of elk that hang out in our pasture, they smell just like goat buck. I know exactly what you mean about it getting everywhere!
Your photos and commentary gave me a smile on an otherwise stressful morning.
Growing up in Vermont I occasionally heard my mother or some other lady in the church refer to a man with less than chivalrous habits as "an old goat." Not flattering, for sure.
I hope the doctor's visit will not be painful and that the news is encouraging.
... Paige said…
he is a pretty one.

i'm in agreement that the solution is a simple one
Janette said…
Your picture are wonderful. Thank you for brightening up my day!

Popular Posts