Mei-Ling Has Her MRI


It was a very long day. We left for the hospital at 5:15 in the morning. Mei-Ling seemed a bit perplexed at getting in the car in her pajamas and heading off in what she called "night". She is a bit anxious around any medical professionals and no wonder why, she has been through so much. They put her under around 7:30 and when she was feeling a bit "loopy" from the medication, she called the anesthesiologist a "big frog" since he was dressed all in green scrubs.
By 10 we were able to go back to see her in the recovery room. She did great. A little groggy but more than happy to have some apple juice and a Popsicle. After she was discharged, it was time to go to the Doctors office and hear the results of the MRI and its really good news. There has been no change in a year. It would have been nice to hear her spine suddenly became normal at the base but at least nothing changed for the worst. We got home around 3:30 and Mei was ready for a nap when I dropped them off at their house and to be truthful, I was too, and slept soundly on the sofa for an hour.
Tomorrow, back to the big city so Melanie can see her doctor. She sees him weekly now. I count it such a blessing that I am able to take them to their appointments and be there to help Melanie when needed. I would hate to see Melanie have to drive when her blood sugars are so unpredictable right now.
waiting for the Doctor
pretending to be asleep
after the nasal medication that makes her a bit silly but certainly not stressed
waking up from anesthesia
a treat to help with a dry throat

Comments

Holly C. said…
She's such a beautiful little girl. Glad nothing changed for the worse.☺
Janette said…
We love happy news. We pray for the unknown- but rejoice in the known!
Julian said…
derful. Melanie is so blessed to have the blessing of you to take her and Mei... My 11 year old daughter is having an MRI on her head done tomarrow, and I am going alone. Mom lives in Idaho. I knw her prayers are with me everywhere I go. Please pray for my daughter Gillian. So happy to hear good news. Do not fear tomarrow, God is already there.
Blessings, Christina
... Paige said…
happy about no change for the worse. Good news and happy days
Beth said…
I am so glad that the test went well and Mei tolerated it well. I hope Melanie's appt. goes as well.

Beth
awww...what a cutie. I've been through the "putting under" process with my daughter at 9, born with a heart arrythmia...she thrashed about and nearly gased out the surgeon..LOL
It was very stressful at the time but at least we can laugh about it now
(((hugs))) to your precious baby Mei-ling.

Popular Posts