Just a quiet day


There are some days that are just quiet and uneventful and today was one of those days for me.
It was cold when I got up, 36 F with a strong north wind that made it feel 30. After chores I got the stove fired up and enjoyed a warm cup of tea.
There were things I should have accomplished, but instead I just puttered around and spent some time chatting with a friend on the phone.
Tomorrow morning Mei-Ling has to have an MRI to check on the status of her spine. The neurosurgeon likes to keep an eye on what appears to be a tethered spine. Mei-Ling walks and runs fine, but still they want to watch it. Since she is an active 2 1/2 year old, she will need to be fully sedated for the procedure, which means we have to be at the hospital by 6 am and its a 45 minute drive to the hospital, so needless to say its going to be an early morning for us.
She has been doing so well, we often forget there are so many issues with her health. Tomorrow is a reminder that her insides are a bit different from normal.
Last night everyone was here for supper, with the exception of Melissa and James. We miss them so much, daily. The little girls played so sweetly and posed for Grammie to snap a few pictures. What fun they are. I had the joy of getting them both in their jammies and ready for bed. Both girls thought they should just climb into the big bed in the guest room and go to bed. What fun it will be for me when they are both old enough to have a sleep over at Grammie and Grandpa's house.
Another cold morning is expected and since its going to be such an early morning for me, chores before heading out at 5 a.m., I am calling it a night and heading to bed.

Comments

I didn't check my favorite blogs before going to bed after a long evening of sewing quilt blocks into rows. I feel like I'm now praying "after the fact"--you would have been in my thoughts for such an early morning start. The photos of the granddaughters together are charming.

Popular Posts