It just seems to sneak in....

After reading http://eurochiclifestyle.blogspot.com/ this week, I realized something....I have slipped. Its just so easy to fall back into lazy habits. Slowly and insidiously, tee shirts have taken over my closet, along with baggy elastic waisted slacks. The cute, well put together outfits have been relegated to the back of the closet and the bottom of the dresser drawers.
Days would come and go without me ever fixing my hair beyond the point of pulling it back into a pony tail the size of George Washington's. So today, with this new realization I went to the beauty salon, dressed for the occasion, stylish linen dress, cool and comfortable but nice looking. I even donned a bit of make-up. Instantly I remembered how I felt better with a bit of care. Its not a vanity thing, its more like keeping the yard looking good. I opted for a rather cute hair style, razor cut, a bit sassy. Enjoyed the pampering and conversation and took that time to breath deep, before heading out to accomplish my marathon list of things to do. After my hair was done, and the feed store errands done, I headed off to the market for bread, cheese and fruit to take up to the hospital. I felt peppy and energized by putting on this new mantle of looking my best. The list of to do's, fast became a list of "done".
I think by nature I am lazy about my appearance. It seems like such work for me to maintain anything beyond cotton knit with elastic. Tee shirts cover a multitude of sin, the results of my love of sweets ! I feel better though, snazzed up a bit. Its good for a person to look their best but not at a huge financial cost or time cost. There has to be a balance of some sort. We are blessed with a fantastic Goodwill thrift store filled with quality clothing, and you don't need lots of clothes, just a few well planned, well put together ensembles. My new resolve is to be less lazy about how I dress but still remain focused on the things I hold dear, simplicity and thrift.

Visit Euro Chic today, she has a great post of spoiling yourself a bit. The mention of rose water just makes me feel better !

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
So, where's a picture of the new hairstyle?????

;)

LaTeaDah
Patty said…
Oh I should take a picture, I will ask Emery to take one tonight, right now I have already donned my painting clothes, a tee shirt, paint splattered and an ancient pair of cotton knit capris, complete with a rainbow of paint blobs on them.
Amy said…
LOL, I thought you decided the chic life wasn't for you! :)
Patty said…
Oh I don't think the chic life is for me, but neither is the tee shirt and baggy pants ! Its somewhere in between. Looking good, feeling good, but not consumed : )
Amy said…
Gotcha :)

I just found out today that my husband and I are going to Paris and Normandy for our 5th wedding anniversary in 8 weeks - I'm so thrilled - I've never been before.

I have to increase my own chic quotient :)
Patty said…
ooooohhh, Paris....I have only been there in winter, rather gray but still Paris. What fun planning your wardrobe. Normandy is so pretty.
R. Aastrup said…
That's an interesting site! And count me as one who'd like to see the new hair cut!
2 LMZ FARMS said…
So glad that you finally took time out for yourself. With everything that has been going on in your life you needed a little me time. Can't wait to see the new-do. Still praying for little one. How is she? Hope you and yours have a blessed evening.
Laura
Sunny said…
Me too. Wanna see the new do.
Susan said…
Good advise for all of us. I, too, find myself getting "lazy" in the day to day attire.
Susan

Popular Posts