Some Good Finds At Homestead Heritage





With only the two of us home, I needed a smaller pan for certain meals, so this little stainless steal pan met that need and after all these years of cooking, it was time for some new kitchen knives too.  Love that their items are from North America !  Also purchased a couple kinds of organic Kale seeds at the general store.  We love Kale.   At the Fiber Arts store, I found some of the yarn I was planning on ordering on line.  The fall color yarns will be knit into a new barn bonnet for me.  I need a new one and this yarn will be perfect.  The baby rainbow colors will be for socks.  A perfect combination of needs and wants met !  I picked up some bamboo double pointed needles to try.  I have never used bamboo knitting needles so am anxious to try them.  
The weavings were mostly want.  I love Swedish Cotton weavings and these were in the colors I like, plus like most of the items at the fair, done by children and teens.  What beautiful work !  Such care to every detail.   Now, on this windy cold November day, its a perfect time to get started on that barn bonnet.   The pattern is in the Winter 1993 issue of Spin Off magazine.  So glad I have kept so many of the back issues !

Comments

Heartshome said…
Love your blog! What is the pattern name of that beautiful bonnet? I'd like to look for it on Ravelry.

Popular Posts