Gentleness of the day



Wood popping in the stove, the tea kettle whistling quietly on top, the water not quite boiling.   Shadows dancing around the room as the sun shines through the bending branches, still heavy with leaves.  Curtains pulled to the side to let the golden glow in the house.    It was cold getting out of bed this morning, it took fortitude to pull myself out from under the quilts.  The bare floor under my feet shocked me wide awake.   A fire in the stove was the first order of business, followed by the burners on the stove in the kitchen being put to good use as hot cereal bubbled and cooked apples filled the house with a smell akin to apple pie.  My hands busy with the morning chores.  I love these moments.  Morning conversation with the love of my life.  Laughter and love all mixed in together.   We had time this morning to sit in the living room, warmed by the heat of the stove, sipping hot Pero.  I pulled the afghan I am working on for my grandson, onto my lap and did a bit of crocheting.   Just an easy sort of morning.  Just the way I like it.   A simple life allows me time to see clearly all the blessings in each day.

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
Patty this morning was our first fire of the season. I've been waiting forever it seems! The leaves here in South Georgia have been beautiful....we usually don't get much of a color change here at all.

The picture of your eggs made me think of a tip I thought I would pass along (you probably all ready know it). We read somewhere to put a bright light in the hen house on a timer to come on a couple hours before sunrise daily. This will keep your chickens laying eggs. My chickens had slowed down in September so we put a light in and they are back to each laying eggs again! Crazy huh?!

Anywho....enjoy your day.

Popular Posts