Simple Pleasures


Waking up with the sun, watching the wind blow in the trees, and hearing birds sing and squirrels chatter in the branches above the barn and smelling the fresh hay and grain as I go about my chores. Brushing Licorices shiny black hair before I set the bucket under her to do the morning milking. Simple pleasures for sure, but the kind of things that set the stage for the whole day, an easy sort of day.
Milk, strained and put in the refrigerator, milk buckets cleaned and put away. A basket in my hand, heading out to pick green beans. Vines so full, food for tonight, a reward for the hard work of planting and tending to the garden. A simple pleasure, among so many of the day. Life is good, it really is. My health being restored and I feel good.
Outside my window, a frisky squirrel digs up his store of acorns buried last fall. One more simple pleasure in just watching him at his task.

Comments

Thea said…
Simple pleasures is a wonderful title for thy photos.
Thea Pollock
Thea said…
Thy photos with simple pleasures are very nice.

Christ's peace, Thea Pollock

Popular Posts