Saturday Morning Ramble




Pink wide brimmed straw hat on my head, broom in my hand, I set out to sweep the driveway and tidy up the front of the house some. The breeze felt good as the sun is already hot this morning. I trimmed the wisteria, weeded the front flower beds and admired the flowers in bloom. We planted about 10 more perennials out front this week, big yellow daisies and purple spiked plants, tiny pink rose looking plants that promise to grow into large mounds of color. Each year we loose more lawn to the ever expanding flower beds. Right now the gladiola are starting to bloom, red, yellow, pink and purple . I could spend my entire day in the garden, working and planning. By the time I am 60 I want to have meandering stone paths with flowers in every corner and along the paths, with a swing to sit on and loose track of time.
But for today there is housework to be done, some sewing to finish and then there is a book of poetry demanding to be read amid the sun and shadows with a cup of tea and perhaps a treat of shortbread.
Emery is working, but has called several times already to check on me, a new medication for this stubborn infection that is seemingly drug resistant. On my desk this morning a note from him. He was quiet as a mouse this morning so not to wake me and let me get an hour or two extra sleep. This is love in its most pure form.
Cardinals, tufted titmouse, house wrens, chickadees, are all feeding at the bird feeders just outside the window, bits of color and song catching my eye. Its time to get off the computer and sit in the shade and feel the cool breeze before it is chased off by the hot sun. Life is good. It is simple for me and that's just the way I like it. Surrounded by love and peace. True simplicity comes from within our hearts and I have said that all along.

Comments

TinaJewel said…
Patty, I have been reading your blog here for awhile and decided to comment today! I love your love of life and your love for your hubby! You described your garden so beautifully I would love to see it! Sounds beautiful over there! I could just picture you sweeping in your pink hat! I admire anyone who has the patience to tend flower beds! Blessings and hope you soon better healthwise, too.
Tina Miller
Patty said…
Hi Tina, you will have to come over for a visit some afternoon and have tea and a look around the place

Popular Posts