Peace Within




I am still fighting this infection, and amazed at how stubborn it has been to treat. It makes me convinced that we are living in a time when we have messed so much with nature, that there are super bugs out there, that can mutate. I am now on a third kind of antibiotic and finally it seems to be working. Thank you all for the prayers for my recovery.
I strolled around our land this morning, grateful for life and all that I have. Not referring to material things, but the things that we hold within our hearts. Faith and hope are the biggest and then what joy it is to have so much love in my life. I have a husband I adore and can respect and admire. Our love goes so far beyond words and then there are my children and grandchildren, such a blessing, each one. The close bonds we share is so much more than I ever knew existed before they came into our lives, and now as adults it is a blessing to know we like each other, respect one another and I thank God each and every moment that they are good people and can be respected. And to have my grand-blessings live close is a gift I will never take for granted. Children that are a blessing is Gods greatest gift and blessing to us.
The garden has been neglected with me being sick, but it is not beyond hope, I am sure one whole day dedicated to it, will turn it back into a tidy space, where the weeds do not control it.
The potatoes are about ready to be harvested and the green beans are plentiful. I love walking down the isles picking what I need for the evening meal. It seems so natural, so much like Gods original plan for mankind, to be in a garden. It is when I am digging in the very earth that God made us from, I feel such peace within and feel so healthy and strong. To think about this one verse in Genesis fills me with a sense of awe and wonder Genesis 2:7 "the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." If God chose the very earth to create us, how can we take the land for granted ?
I keep thinking about the fact that if God chose to put Adam and Eve, in a garden, how can we not want to create that little bit of haven for ourselves as we live ? It is for me, the place that nourishes peace within and a place of prayer and thanksgiving.
Harry and Aya, have an agreement to co-exist now
Faith, growing up
Pecan tree
A beautiful blue sky
peaches
figs
basil
green beans
Thompson seedless grapes

Comments

... Paige said…
glad you are at last on the mend. and the garden will be find as it still beautiful from this side of my screen
Judy Kay said…
For those of us that love to visit your blog but aren't quite sure of the items your growing there (I'm from KY), could you tell us what we're looking at in the pics?! Thanks! Your life is a dream, we're slowly getting there ourselves!
God Bless,
Judy
Renee said…
Good to hear you are getting better. Wonderful pictures!
Tina Leigh said…
Are you any better? You may have a virus in which the antibiotics will do no good...in fact may harm you in the long run. I dont know why but docotrs dont culture things like they use too. I hope you are feeling better. Our plums have busted open d/t too much rain. Yours look good.
Patty said…
Hi Tina, he cultured it, its bacterial, as suspected, but it appears to be drug resistant, the latest anitbiotic seems to be working, well actually its a combo of antibiotics. Feeling a little better today, thank God.
Picked this UTI up when I had my sonogram or my biopsy. Gutta love what you can pick up in a medical facility ~
Judy Kay said…
How wonderful to live in a climate where you can grow peaches and figs, it all looks so wonderful!
God Bless,
Judy

Popular Posts