Evening Chore Time







Just some photos from evening chore time....herbs in bloom, baby acorns, and the critters. Health, happiness and working side by side with the love of my life.
This has been a fantastic year for my herbs, they are just growing like crazy and so many are in bloom right now. Here is a sampling of a few of my herbs and of course a few photos of the critters.
Thai Basil
mint
sage
lavender
oregano
burr oak acorns
Milk waiting to be taken in the house
Aya resting in a big old pot of soil
two of the kittens
Faith

Comments

Sarah said…
Your farm is so lovely! I have a question I thought I might run by you, since you seem so knowledgable about gardening. Have you ever heard of Neem Oil being used as a natural insecticide on vegetables and herbs? If not, do you know of a good bio-insecticide that is safe to use on vegetables? Thanks!

Blessings,
Sarah
Patty said…
Hi Sarah, Neem oil is a bit costy but I have used it in a shampoo. For the insect problems in the garden, we do two things, one of which is to make a tea with tobacco, and spray it on heavy infestations. Another thing we do is to plant tansy around the garden, which is a great insect repellant. Around our cabbage, we sprinkle coffee grinds which seems to confuse those nasty worms and keep them at bay.
Sarah said…
Thanks for the information. I only have a tomato plant (container) and some basil. My leaves on the tomato plant are turning yellow (around the base). Also, my basil is getting holes in the leaves and there are little black specks on the leaves. Any advice would be mostly helpful! Thanks!

Blessings,
Sarah

Popular Posts