Meet Harry




Meet Harry, the newest member of our family. Harry came to us by way of the local animal shelter and I knew the moment I saw him on their web site that I had to take a look at him. I love Irish Wolf Hounds and remember with such fondness our purebred wolfie named Killian. He was something else, people were frighted by him for his size but he was nothing but a gentle giant. Emery never seemed to appreciate his size or how he would put your whole face in his mouth as a sign of affection ! Killian made the house shake when he laid down on the floor, o.k. maybe a slight exaggeration there but he was huge, 7 ft tall when he stood on his hind legs and weighed a good 150 lbs or so. I loved that dog. It was heartbreaking when he left us.
Harry is a good compromise for us, he looks and acts like a wolfie but he is not nearly so big. He is perfect for us, loves the animals, loves to ride in the car, is well mannered and is a bit on the lazy side, so no jumping etc. Prefers to just lay on the floor and sleep or be petted.
Welcome to our home Harry !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh he is cute!!

BTW I am listing the link for another blog I follow and you might too but just to be sure...she just had a post about CSA for YARN!! You can buy a share and they will shear and prepare your "clip" for you however you want it! I immediately thought of you when I read it.

http://soulemama.typepad.com/
Patty said…
thanks housebear for the link, I joined the many hoping to win !
Nancy said…
It's funny that I was thinking about you today and wondering about your dog. Harry looks wonderfully friendly and will seem like a small pony to the girls. He looks to be a gentle soul. We got our dog from the animal shelter and he is very sweet and gentle with the kids. Congratulations! I rather like the ones who lay around but also follow you through the house.
Nancy
Tatersmama said…
Harry looks like he's a great addition to the household!
Sarah said…
He is darling! What a blessing you will be to him.

Blessings,
Sarah
... Paige said…
What a great looking baby.
Marianna said…
What a sweet face! I know you will enjoy him. What do the babies think of him??
Leah Spencer said…
How's your other dog getting along with Harry? Her name is escaping me at the moment, but I can picture her adorable black face right now. :)
The Stricklands said…
Pound puppies are our favorite breed. Harry has found a good home with you and those sweet babies.
Rescued dogs are the best! I don't know why so many people pay hundreds of dollars for a dog, when there are so many wonderful dogs that need homes, and will die without being adopted.
Over the years, we have had four dogs that were rescued and they have been wonderful additions to the family.
Hope Harry fits in and will be a good dog for your family.
A. said…
I was wondering about your other doggy, too! We haven't seen him in a little while.

Harry looks adorable. Something so sweet in his face.
Lucy said…
He looks very cute! I wish you a lot of fun with him!
OneOldGoat said…
Harry looks right at home!

Beth in PA
JacquiG said…
What a nice looking dog, and he looks like a Harry! Bet Mei Ling and Elizabeth are thrilled with the new member of the family!

Jackie
Patty said…
Hi Jackie,
So far neither baby has met him. But I am so anxious to see their reactions to him. He is a gentle fella, just a little stinky right now : )

Popular Posts