And More.....






By the hour, more and more ice is forming on the trees, weighing them down, bending them in some form of submission to natures power. I am in awe of the beauty, in prayer for the safety of my loved ones that must drive home from work in this. I sit in comfort and peace as I look out the window, warmed by the fire and admire the perfect crystal covering that grows thicker each time I look out. The music carries me from room to room, softly, as if I had wings....it is that kind of music. Thoughtful notes, played as if someone magically tapped into what my heart feels and flew with the notes. Balsam incense burns on the hearth, tiny wisps of smoke seeking higher ground in which to dance, swirling. It is a perfect moment in time. Views from my windows....pure delight for me.

With a sigh, I remember that chore time will come soon enough and I will bundle up against the elements. The cold biting my skin but I will spend those moments outside, gazing in pure wonder at the beauty around me and be thankful for eyes that see. Life is good !

Comments

Beautiful cold icicles--and yet it is still possible to have cabbage and such in the garden? January in New England didn't give us that luxury. Last week's wind took down the cottonwood that held the bird feeders. I'm headed out into the late afternoon sun to find new accomodations for the birds--I miss being able to watch them up close. The cats miss that form of entertainment as well.
Kimberlee said…
Bonjour! I stumbled onto your blog while doing a search for "Building Christian Character" by Blair Adams. I started perusing, as you do, and saw your "francophile" post.

We live in the South of France and I just wanted to say hello from the beautiful Cote d'Azur! We have been living here off and on for over ten years. I met my husband here (he is English) and both our daughters were born here. We love living in France!

rachelsmum
Sunny said…
Oh my! The weather certainly is changable down your way.
aimee said…
I've really enjoyed your winter pictures--they're very beautiful!I love the way frost, ice and snow turn the different countrysides into magical worlds. TY for posting these!
Blessings
Don Hendricks said…
Your last several posts and pictures are pure poetry, I can feel the warmth of your hearth and the smell of your incense. Here in the desert where I live we mostly do without the icicles, so they are to treat to observe.
LBP said…
Brrr! While I love snow, I do not love ice! Very beautiful but no fun to have to drive in.

Funny to think theres worse weather in Texas than Virginia!

Blessings

Linda

Popular Posts