Supper Tonight, Chimichanga's and Rice


Emery was late getting home tonight from work. I decided it was the perfect night for Chimichanga's served with some rice.
If you are looking for a simple meal, this works well.
For the rice, I put one cup of brown basmati rice in the rice cooker and when it was done, added some organic mild salsa to flavor it. Maybe I added 3/4 cup, something near to that anyway.
For the Chimi, I filled the middle an organic tortilla, (made with olive oil) with organic refried black beans, fresh pico de gallo, avacado, and a sprinkling of soy cheese. Folded the tortilla and pan fried it in a bit of olive oil, turning it to brown both sides.
It was delicious and always a family favorite for us.
We served the rice with a dollop of tofu "sour cream".

Comments

2 LMZ FARMS said…
That looks soooo good. Lamar took me out to eat last night and we went to the local Mexican resturant.
Have a good one
Laura

Popular Posts