Voting


I was thrilled to be able to vote the first time in 1974 and I have never missed an election since.
I should have missed a couple elections when we attended the Mennonite church as voting is frowned upon, well actually in the conservative churches, it just isn't done, simple as that, but I take my civic duty to vote seriously, so voted anyway.This year will be no exception. I will vote and my girls will vote too, they are very politically minded which makes us very proud of them. After the debate tonight I can count on my girls calling and letting me know what their thoughts are and who they thought won the debate. We did that with the first debate and again when the V.P. candidates debated.
My political views tend to be liberal and I make no apologies for that. Maybe its something left over from my early days when some of us fought hard for big change, combined with a present desire for change that would give us a government that gives back more to the people. I don't even mind more taxes, if we get something from it. I would be happy paying for something that would work, rather than spend years hoping for it to happen.
If you are going to complain about or praise the government, you really should put your actions in line with your voice and exercise your right to vote next month.
“Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote.”
~William Simon~

Comments

Popular Posts