Friday Ramblings

The day started in a rush. Do the chores, and then head off to Ft Worth with Melanie and Mei-Ling for some pre-surgery tests for Mei-Ling. A bit of shopping since we were in town, Christmas shopping. Tomorrow I will share what goodies I found. Did a bit of fabric shopping and then home to sew a Kimono for Mei-Ling to wear to the Fall festival tomorrow. Melanie made the obi and all the parts, which I don't know anything about. Mei-Ling was a sweetie and napped the entire time we were sewing.
After evening chores, which included a rather strange experience for me. It was sort of dark in the chicken house and I reached into one of the nesting boxes to get the eggs and there was a dead chicken in there. Sure wished I had my lantern with me, so I could have avoided that experience all together ! Its never a good idea to reach into a nesting box in the dark anyway. Have found a snake a time or two in a nesting box.

After chores we all met for supper at our favorite Chinese restaurant, enjoying a nice long leisurely meal. Mei-Ling kept us all amused.
Its nice to be in for the evening and enjoy the warmth of the wood stove .

Lots more quilt blocks arrived today....all so beautiful.





Comments

mikesgirl said…
Sounds like a nice cozy day - I hope you'll post a picture of the quilt when it's all finished!
Dawn said…
I have gotten some Christmas shopping done too...got some stuff for my hubby and brother so far.

That Kimono on that wee one is just adorable! So precious...

Take pictures at the fall festival for us!

Bless you dear friend!
~Dawn
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful kimono! :):):) Mei-ling looks so adorable! Be sure to take more pictures. :):):) Have a beautiful weekend! Blessings, Stephanie
Mad about Craft said…
Mei-Ling looks absolutely adorable!!
Marci said…
You need a good photo session of Mei Ling in that Kimono. She is adorable. I love the obi with the bow in back.
Dana and Daisy said…
she is such a doll in her kimono. She makes me think of the disney animation of a "It's a small world".

I just want to squeeze her!

Popular Posts