Christmas is coming, o.k. I am rushing it a bit




Yes, its not even November and yes, I have even written about how we rush the seasons, but I am a huge fan of Christmas and start thinking about the next Christmas on December 26th.
My shopping is all done. I have bags of presents lined up under my quilting frame. This week I shopped for some of the things my family loves during the holidays and for our annual Christmas party. Where will enjoy Glogg, JulMust (which we have already enjoyed a couple bottles of) and of course for the kiddos there will be a big bowl of Kinderpunsch while some of the adults will enjoy warm Glühwein. Lots of strudel, gingerbread men, Pfeffernüße, Stollen and more. There will be lots of Scandinavian treats too so that all the tomte around my house will be happy.
Speaking of Tomte, I found some cute tomte at World Market made of felted wool. They also had great wool christmas stockings that I fell in love with and they were made in Thailand which is kinda special to our family since Casi is Thai.
And since I was in the Christmas mood today, I started on a bold Christmas flannel quilt, with a nice bold pattern that will brighten up the winter months.
Almost feel like playing some Christmas music, but that really would be rushing it, wouldn't it !
Life is good.

Comments

Just me-Jerri said…
Christmas music is good all year long. You can find it playing at my house at any point during the year. Whenever the mood strikes. Turn it on and enjoy.
Aunt Jenny said…
I love Christmas too. We can hardly wait to put all the Christmas stuff out the day after Thanksgiving. Our little town is very much in the Christmas spirit too..each year there is a lighted parade the Friday night right after Thanksgiving..really starts the season off. I love Autumn and especially like Thanksgiving too..a nice quiet day all about family and the feast...no rushing, no other stuff going on...but I AM dying to get out the Christmas stuff! I get teased about having so much ...but I also have alot of kids..thats my excuse and I am sticking to it. I am ready to start watching old Christmas movies soon!
Love the little wool felted guys!!!!
Karen said…
I too love Christmas and will be happy if the Christmas presents are bought by Thanksgiving. Christmas music has started as early as Aug. in my house. This year I waited till Sept..I love to listen to it as I sew. I belong to a quilt group (there's 4 of us). My 1 friend and I contribute the music and she loves Christmas music as much as I do. We meet in a Church and I love the expressions on people's faces when they stop in to chat. Then they realize that it is Christmas music! We've gotten some comments about it. I just say that it's all just music.
Would love to see your quilt when it's done.
KC
Dana and Daisy said…
I say bring out Bing and live it up!
Marianna said…
The tomte are sooooo cute! I may need to visit World Market. My children would find those charming along with a new reading of the The Tomten.

BTW, I had to be on a wait list to get my yard sign because they've had such a problem with theft around here! I'll honestly be surprised if mine makes it to election day.

Popular Posts