Melissa Arrives Tomorrow




We can't wait...we are so anxious for Melissa to arrive tomorrow. Snow is due in her area which we pray will not delay her flight in any way.
I drove Melanie and Mei-Ling to the Doctors today and during our drive our whole conversation centered around what we plan on doing while Melissa is here. Its a short visit due to her school schedule which will mean days packed with activities and late nights visiting.
I suspect there won't be a whole lot of blogging while Melissa is here. Some pictures and a few comments and that's about it.
Mei-Ling had 5 shots today. Poor baby ! She was a brave little girl as she always is. Her check up went well though.
The latest Shelter's catalog arrived today, which seemed to demand I sit a spell and thumb through it. There is a lavender glass kerosene lamp that has me trying to turn a want into a need. Justifying somehow that I NEED it for the guest room. At present there is no kerosene lamp in that room so.....
We had frost last night, a full month earlier than normal.
just some fall photos for the day.

Comments

Aunt Jenny said…
Beautiful pictures....and you must be so excited. I love it when my grown kids come home to visit. I wish it could be more often.
Mei Ling and Melanie both looked adorable in their Japanese clothing! There was an Obon Festival where I grew up and I loved seeing all the pretty outfits and dances.
Have a wonderful week with your beautiful family!
Cristan said…
Your photo of the acorns made me think of the MULTITUDE of extra-large acorns I'm seeing this year. I'm predicting a harsh winter for Georgia. Are you noticing any "Old Wives Tale" signs of a bad winter in TX?
Renee said…
Have a wonderful visit!
Anonymous said…
Just a thought...
I have always liked all your lamps and we have one left by the previous owner of our farm house but when I began to look for a more natural oil besides kerosene to burn in them all I found was clear lamp oil or paraffin lamp oil, all of the above are actually fairly toxic to your air quality. Then I found out about Olive oil lamps, not like they are new or anything I had just never thought of it!! They burn slow (making it a bit cheaper to use the oil), are not toxic, can be easily made out of any jar (Lehman's has them, you can look at as an example) and they will not catch fire if toppled. Have you ever considered the health hazards of the regular lamps since you use them so often?
Not preaching just informing in case not.
Patty said…
Hi Housebear,
We don't use lamps every day so not really worried about it, and since we never have them on for more than a couple hours when we do use them, I suspect we are not majorly impacted by the fumes. We burn more beeswax candles for light than we do lamps. I dislike using olive oil as it gets so dirty, the oil attracts dust like a magnet and you end up with a sticky film on the lamp that is very difficult to clean. I suspect that kerosene is about as hazardous as electricity but in a different way, the electricity disrupts our own bodies electrical system.
But thanks for the concern : )
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the reply and also for the tip on the olive oil lamps, I would find that very annoying. I LOVE beeswax candles! I totally agree about the electric too.

Love and prayers to you and your family and especially little Mei Ling.

Popular Posts