Thank You

I am not often left speechless but I am this morning. The love and outpouring from you folk, my cyber friends and my "close by" friends that read my blog, regarding making quilt blocks for Mei-Ling has left me feeling very humbled and so very thankful. Gratitude seems too small a word for how I feel and to be honest I am feeling rather emotional about the whole thing. I do hope all those who are making a block will sign it for Mei-Ling so she will get to know the names of those who pray for her.
I haven't told Melanie or Casi about this quilt project, I thought it would be nice surprise for them to see it for the first time as they prepare Mei-Lings things to take to the hospital.
I am going to try and make a little quilt today for her doll to bring to the hospital too. Mei-Ling loves dolls so much. She is a tender little mommy to them.
Thank you so much !
After this post, I am going to leave the post about the quilt up at the top for a few more days, so check below that one for new posts.

Comments

I have a white and blue doll quilt that is already pieced, quilted and bound. I would love to send it for her to wrap her doll up to take with her to the hospital.

I can post a photo on my blog if you would like to see it first.

christine
novascotiagal said…
I'd like to send a block, but I'm not an experienced quilter, so I was hesitant to promise right away. When you said 6 1/2 inches, do you want a quarter or a half inch seam allowance added all around? I will do my best because this is a lovely thing to do - physical evidence of the many prayers said, to cherish and comfort. I love it.
Patty said…
Just a simple block would be wonderful, some are sending just a simple square of fabric with a verse on it with the persons name and where they are from on it. Just done with a permanant marker.
The block you send to me should be 6 1/2 inches.

Popular Posts