Simplicity



The windows are open, the breeze...a dancing partner to the curtains as if they were together at a barn dance, happy in being partners. The coolness has sparked a desire to sit and spin the Shetland wool that has been laying in a pile next to my wheel, waiting for such a day to be turned into yarn for a new shawl or maybe a sweater. Will know which it will be when its all done and rolled into balls. That is when inspiration will hit me as to what to make.
Echinacea in bloom just outside the window. Purple delights for the eye. Busy bumblebees visiting to fill their baskets. I love the view out this window. It feels like its just my view since the room is filled with my things. But oh, I do remember so well, tucking my boys into their beds in this very same room. Kisses on the foreheads, a story, and prayers. Laughter after the lights had been turned out and me coming to the door, telling them to go to sleep. Later checking them before I headed off to bed, pulling quilts up around their chins. Looking at them so peaceful, whispering another prayer for them.
On the other side of my chair, the old cedar chest, full to the brim of memories and family heirlooms. A woven piece sits atop, with the pewter coffee set, ready to be used when someone stops by. An iron sheep, and a dolls hutch sit on there too. Candles to chase away the darkness as evening approaches. I love this room. It has my quilting frame in it too and sewing baskets, more balls of wool, waiting to be turned into yarn. My writing desk by the doorway and in the corner by the closet, there are shopping bags filled with surprises for Christmas. My shopping done and kept in there, safe from prying eyes.
I love the simplicity of this room, it matches our life.
new roving waiting to be spun (when I am finished with a pound of shetland)
the view to my left
the view to my right

Comments

debi said…
Thank you for the time you take to share your life with us. There is peace here.

Popular Posts