A Fun Day










Mei-Ling had to be taken to the Doctors today, she has another UTI.. poor little munchkin. She has had to deal with so much. Emery and I waited until we knew she was not having to be hospitalized before we headed off for a day of fun. This wee one was in our thoughts the whole day though.
Emery forgot his Bible at the ministers house when we were there, so stopped by to pick that up and say hello for a few minutes.
Then headed off to Homestead Heritage for lunch, stopping on the way to buy me a new pair of "healthy" shoes at the SAS store. Black lace up leather shoes. Practical and functional, not to mention a bit of an investment, they are not cheap, but they last for years so in the long run its a wise bit of spending.
Lunch was delightful, french fried sweet potatoes along with burgers for each of us. We splurged and had dessert, home made carob ice cream and we split a carob brownie that was delicious. I had herbal tea too.
We did a bit of visiting and some shopping. Corn meal for Melissa, she was out of it and their corn meal is the only corn meal we will use. Stone ground right there at the grist mill. We stopped by the pottery building to see what they had in the pattern I collect. Emery got me the cute dish you see in the picture. We then went to the book shop and looked around. Content to just browse. Oh yes, Emery did get me a little booklet of bread recipes. Can't wait to try them.
On the way home we drove the back roads, saw a flock of wild turkey cross the road, about a dozen birds in all. Made me think of Thanksgiving !
Good news for Steven, he is buying a new home, will sign papers this week I think. Its on 3 acres and the house is 2,300 sq ft which will give them plenty of room for lots more grandchildren for us ! I haven't seen the house yet, but it sure sounds like a lovely home. Hopefully they will be settled in by Thanksgiving.
A really good day !

Photos:
A sweet rose
A praying mantis on a beautiful yellow flower
My new piece of pottery, such a sweet dish. No blue on it, but that's fine
Bags of Cornmeal for Melissa, set among some of my fall things
A lovely hummingbird quilt on display at the store
Purple Passion Vine
The Log Cabin Deli where we had lunch
The Grist Mill
Butterflies were everywhere today
The Book store that sells many handcrafted items along with some books

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Your photos are exquisite! I'm holding good thoughts for Mei-Ling.
Marianna said…
Sounds like a good day...Have you ever been to the Dallas Arboretum's fall event? When I saw the ad for it I immediately thought of you. I'm looking forward to going after it cools off a little.
Patty said…
I have never been Marianna, but saw the ad for it this week and it looked beautiful. I don't get to Dallas but once every few years.
Seems like we head off to Ft Worth instead.
Renee said…
Hope you're enjoying your vacation! Sorry to hear about Mei-Ling; will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I've awarded you the "I love your blog award" (at 2 peas in a pod). Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog! Thank you for sharing all you do.
Diannia said…
Hi, I too wear SAS shoes and you are right they are an investment but one worth investing in! They last for years and also are the only shoes that my feet don't hurt in. My DH had feet problems and for 2 yrs I tried to get him to purchase a pair of SAS's for work. He finally did and within a 2 weeks he went back and got a pair for casual as well. I hope Mei-Ling is feeling better today.
Dana and Daisy said…
Well, I am reading this late, but my heart goes out to Mei-Ling. She is a real trooper! Congrats to Stephen and his family on their new home, How exciting! And I have to add that God must have been in a playful mood when He designed that purple flower.

Popular Posts