Another Quiet Day


The sun is shining, the morning is filled with the beauty of clear skies and the vibrant green grass that comes after a rain. Most of this week I have stayed home, no trips to town, no errands to run, just home doing the things I love most. Today I plan on working on backing this quilt and getting it ready to put in the quilting frame. I had such fun embroidering the mother daughter sunbonnet squares. I just loved the designs, they match my life. You can click the picture of the quilt top to get a better look at the embroidered squares.
Praying for those along the Texas coast, as Ike heads that way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, this is a gorgeous quilt top! What a treasure. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your southern neighbors--it looks like damage is inevitable, but we pray no lives are lost.
Sylvia K said…
A truly beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing the pictures of it. Yes, I'm holding good thoughts for Texas, too. I have several cousins living near Houston in Katy.
Jo Lynn said…
I love the quilt. Where did you get the bonnet squares? My mom loves embroidery. My prayers go out for all in the path of Ike.

Jo Lynn
Marci said…
That is a beautiful quilt Pat. YOu did a great job!!!
Hazel said…
Really like your quilt,how are you quilting it?
Your granddaughter Elizabeth looks angelic in the photos. Aren't the little ones an unexplainable joy in life!!!!!
~Tammy~ said…
Beautiful work!

Praying for my sister and her son especially...they live in Houston but have moved inland a bit, I'm just hoping it is far enough inland!

Have a blessed day!
Patty said…
Hi Jo Lynn, the embrodery designs are Aunt Martha's transfers. I think I got them at Hobby Lobby
The Stricklands said…
Your quilt is lovely! I loved the sweetness of embroidery. I can't wait to move and unpack all of my quilting material - I feel like I have lost a friend with it all packed away in boxes :)
Jenny said…
Oh Patty, that quilt is just beautiful, such fine needlework.
~Bren~ said…
Gorgeous!!! Can I ask where you go thte pattern??
Lucy said…
LOVELY quilt Patty. I think I remember that you worked on it.

Popular Posts