Busy Day



Before breakfast I had spread 200 lbs of manure on the garden, which means I only have 400 more lbs to go ! Right now I am taking a bit of a break.
Early this morning, while Emery was putting the manure in small piles for me to work from, I was doing my chores and giving the milk barn a good cleaning. Scrubbing walls and shelves, tops of feed bins and later the stanchion. I guess the work today is my equivalent of going to the gym and working out. Hard work is good for a person, makes you stronger, chases away stress, and sleep at night comes easily after such a day. When the temperature starts climbing today, then I will do my inside work. There is still cooking and cleaning to be done and some laundry, and at some point I want to fit in some sewing. With all this in mind, I had better get off the computer and get to the chores at hand.

From the pictures, you would think red is my favorite color and you would be right.
My cute red wellies just don't look so pretty all covered in cow manure !

Comments

Sylvia K said…
I always enjoy the peacefulness of your blog -- unlike most of ours and your pictures are beautiful!
Anonymous said…
I was telling Ray last night about the pictures on your page. I told him your home looks like Heaven on earth. I just love reading and looking at the pictures. You are so very blessed.

Rebecca
Joanna said…
Your blog is so interesting! So many lovely pictures and enjoying the simple beautiful things in life. I'll be back again to read about the goats!! Yes I think my goat needs to be dried off and bred. And like I mentioned, hubby might get me another one, I am sure she would be very happy, she comes from a farm of many many goats!!
Anonymous said…
On the contrary, I think the red wellies look even better with their evidence of an honest morning's work. I've left something for you on my blog: http://mydailymail.wordpress.com.

Popular Posts