More Rain....which is good and some great news

It's been delightful having a couple of cool rainy days and with my car being serviced, I am "stuck" at home. To be honest I love just staying home, going about my day with nothing pressing. I would be content to just go out once a week, I did that for years without any problem. Home is my haven. So much for me to do at home, not just the work part of cooking, cleaning etc, but the fun things like sewing, creating things, reading, learning new things that will enrich my life and that I can share with the family. Learning is a passion of mine, and it truly is a wasted day in which you learn nothing new ! Yesterday I found a new to me singer that I really am enjoying, Avraham Fried. (Friedman) His song, Father Don't Cry is just beautiful. Many years ago when we lived in California, I went to a series of lectures given by his brother.
These quiet days have given me opportunity to do some things I have been wanting to do for some time. It has been a refreshing time of personal growth too.
Looks like hurricane Ike may dump some heavy rain on our part of Texas after it hits land and begins to travel north. I pray for the folks on the coast, they are in for it, it seems.

Had some fantastic news this morning.....Melissa is coming for a visit the end of October. Its only for a few days but we are glad for any time with her. We are already planning some of the things we want to do while she is here. This mother hen just loves it when all her chicks are here together. Seriously, it is a deep and profound joy to have my children all together, each one such a gift, so loving and kind and just as I imagined them to be as adults. And now, with another generation, it is even better than I could have ever imagined. Now I just am hoping and praying for more of this new generation to come our way !

Comments

Cat said…
We're getting the rain here (SW OK) as well, and loving it, especially with the accompanying cooler temps.

How wonderful that Melissa will get to visit soon! Sounds like fun will be had all around.
novascotiagal said…
I liked the bit about Jewish guilt. It is a hopeful kind of guilt, because it means you matter! I can do bad, or nothing, and let bad happen, or I can do something, and make a difference, no matter how small. And that is what I am meant to do...

Good news about Melissa. Smiling for you!
Susan Godfrey said…
I recognize that cradle full of babies! My now 4 year old was enamored with them when he was 2. He just loved all those little babies =-)
Patty said…
I love looking at all those babies in the cradle when at the fair
Jo Lynn said…
What an awesome picture of those babies :) I would love to sew those kind.

Rain! Yes, we have been getting lots of rain. My garden is about done for the year but we are planting bushes and such his grandma is giving us.

What a wonderful thing to have Melissa come visit. I miss Audrey so much and won't see her here till Christmas. She is going to her boyfriend's grandparent's in Florida for Thanksgiving. Hubby and Josh are going on the motorcycle this weekend (4 hours one way) to visit her. Praying for less rain so they can enjoy the trip.

Jo Lynn
The Stricklands said…
How wonderful to have your Melissa home for a few days! We had everyone here for Labor Day, and it was like Christmas for me. No rain in our part of Texas yet, but we do have beautiful, cool, cloudy skies.
Marci said…
I am thrilled that Melissa gets to come and visit. Where did all those baby dolls come from?
Patty said…
Hi Marci,
The picture of the dolls was taken last year at the Homestead Heritage craft fair, they were all made by children in the community there.
How wonderful that Melissa can come visit........I am always happy when all my children and grandchildren are under one roof with me. My heart sings and I know yours will too.

Maybe this will be my last comment. It is difficult to get the letters in right in the security section. I have to redo them, often.As I did now. Even though I was very careful to try to read and type it right...............I wish it were easier!

Popular Posts