Just A Thought

Last night I was thinking about who I am, where I want to be in life, what sort of person I want to be, where I need to grow spiritually etc. Yes, its a lot to think about but we need to think, need to be aware of where we are and who we are as people in the present.
These are areas where I want to improve... not just on the clothing issue, because I think that is just one manifestation of wanting more than we need. Modesty of words, deeds and wants, is the direction I want to keep going in... dress is just an outward application of what we feel inside. Its not some religious conviction for me as much as a spiritual conviction, and there is a difference.

1 Timothy 2: 9 I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

1 Peter 3:3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4 Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful.

Comments

Diane said…
I just wanted to tell you, after reading your blog for a while, I feel you are a beautiful person. If our words are a mirror of our heart your heart is beautiful, and that is the one thing, I have always taught my children, that makes one beautiful.
Patty said…
I am blushing diane, thank you
Cristan said…
Patty, I've thought about you lately as the news carries endless stories about the TX polygamist community. I know you're not one of them! : }, but I've wondered if you've have any sort of community reaction toward you for dressing Plain?
Or is your town small enough where pretty much everyone knows you now?
Patty said…
Hi Cristan,
I haven't heard of anyone getting any negetive comments regarding dressing plain, but then the mennonites in this area are well known.

Popular Posts