Mei-Ling Had A Doctor Visit Today

This morning I drove Melanie and Mei-Ling to the Doctors for a post surgery check up and all looks good with Mei-Ling. The doctor said her blood work was great except she seems a bit anemic and needs some iron. They have her scheduled for surgery the 30th of April to have the stint removed. They will keep her over night as a precaution since things are not the same for her as with other children. Her incision looks great and she is healing up nicely. Its wonderful to hear good news.
Now home, its time to get to work and do some cleaning. We had a mass invasion of ants in the living room yesterday, Carpenter ants....it appears they were in some of our firewood that was next to the stove. It seemed as if I spent most of the afternoon getting rid of them. I ended up moving a few things around in the room which gave me the idea today to give the floor an extra good scrubbing and waxing since things were moved out of the way.
My dearest friend of 47 years will be coming to visit in a couple weeks so I worked some on the guest room. Its all decorated in pink and white, and very girlie girl, not a guest room for a man by any means : ) My quilting frame is in that room too as is my fabric stash.

It feels like at this moment, I have more unfinished projects then ever before. I don't like that. Time to buckle down, stay off the computer in the morning and just get busy. Things fell behind with Mei-Ling being in the hospital, all the garden work and adding some chores to my daily list of things to be done. Spring will pass all too quickly and the summer heat will keep me inside by the air conditioner in the living room, sort of a summer hibernation. In the North you stay inside in winter, in the south, its the summer heat that has you retreat to indoors during the hot part of the day.

Comments

~Bren~ said…
We have days here in No IL that are so hot we stay inside too. I think our 1-2 weeks of it is the same as your 1-2 months of it!
You can always catch up on your house and sewing...you were doing the important stuff!!! So glad to here about Mei-Ling.
I want to hear more about downsizing the wardrobe to get rid of the laundry chores!!!!
nancyr said…
I'll bet your friend loves staying in that guest room. It looks very pretty, and welcoming.

Glad to hear that Mei-Ling is healing nicely, and doing well.
Cathy said…
Patty,
What wonderful news of Mei-Ling.
With us living in Georgia, we have hot summers also. So, like you, I'm really enjoying the spring days.
Blessings to you,
Cathy
Unknown said…
I am happy to hear that Mei-Ling is doing good. I am always thinking of her and praying for her.

Anabella
sulli said…
I too am happy for Mei-Ling and all her family.
I think your guest room is adorable.
Mimi said…
such good news about Mei-Ling...I am so happy that she is doing well...
I am keeping her in my prayer journal...
Mimi
Renee said…
So glad to hear Mei-Ling is doing better!
JenJen said…
I'm glad Mei-Ling is doing relatively well. I hope this trend continues!

I have a lot of catching up to to with your blog! I just love it so much, but can't read every day.

:)

~JM

Popular Posts