Birds !

The forecast is for storms, slight chance that they might be severe. The morning is humid like wet wool. Warm and sticky, the air clinging to your body.
Stepping off the back steps, on my way to do my morning chores, I was startled by the noise, it was more like a racket. Birds chirping wildly all around me. Small flocks flying over me in a near frenzied mood. My small plum tree ablaze with bright yellow as it had been taken over by goldfinch, mostly bright yellow males. Like small lemons hidden in the leaves. The neighbors driveway was moving with activity of small birds feeding, scratching through the pale caliche.
It was almost un-nerving to see so many small flocks of birds in one place. I am guessing there were several hundreds of these tiny winged creatures within an acre. Everything around me took on a feeling of nervousness. I had to wonder about the forecast, storms coming. I had to think about our country right now, so many nervous people, the economy so unsettled.
The goats were fine, their old selves, nothing nervous about them, same for my chickens and ducks. Wish we still had the pony, best weather forecaster around. Always let us know when the weather was going to change.
Its a strange morning. Hope the birds are just here feeding and its not a sign that the storms are coming.

Comments

I have been so enjoying the birds here chirping and twittering. I am also enjoying the sounds of the children playing outside and people working around their homes.
... Paige said…
Hope those storms up Dallas way didn't get ya.

Popular Posts