As The Week Comes To A Close



This has been a very trying week.  Mei-Lings surgery went well and she is recovering nicely, but its always difficult to see a wee one in pain.   God bless her sweet heart, she is so strong and does not give in to her pain, she never complains.  Melanie, Mei's mommy, came down with pneumonia right after Mei's surgery.  Terrible cough and a very high fever.  I have been helping her with the children at her house and yesterday at my house.  Melanie went to bed in her old room and got the much needed rest her body was begging for.  Mei-Ling played most of the day quietly on the floor with her brother but by late afternoon you could see in her face that she was exhausted and in pain but she didn't want to give in and rest.  Finally we convinced her that it was a good thing to do.  I am on a different antibiotic since the last one did not do the trick.  What a difficult winter this has been.  Everyone we know has been sick.  At the hospital, all the nurses were telling us that it has been the same for them, and even Mei's Doctor has experienced this flu that goes into either a sinus infection, bronchitis or pneumonia, even if they had a flu shot, which we all have had.  It seems like a never ending cycle of being sick, then feeling better, then sick again.
Today, I am just simply doing nothing profound.  Still in my P.J.'s, watching birds out the window next to the wood stove from the comfort of my rocking chair.   Spent my quiet time practicing
Lectio Divina on 1 Thessalonians 1:3  "We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ."    Inspiration for me and perhaps for many in that one verse.  Our work to be produced by faith and our labor prompted by love and our endurance inspired by hope in
Christ !  

Lectio Divina on 1 Thessalonians 1:3.   What inspiration for all of us are in that one verse. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Comments

aimee said…
I am sad to hear how things continue to be difficult for your family Patty. I hope and pray that this winter's ills will soon pass.
As usual your bird photos (on this and recent posts) continue to thrill me...they tempt me to put our bird feeder back in action (I stopped using it when a skunk took residence under our home for several months).
Blessings,
Aimee
I am sad to hear about all this sickness...But may everyone recover well and fully and quickly, too. I'm glad you persuaded Mei-Ling to rest. It seems a bit strange to me that she didn't want to do so.

Popular Posts