Improvement

This morning I have seen a great deal of improvement with Emery's health.  When I woke up, he had already opened the windows and doors and made is way around the house a bit.  How blessed we are to have bodies that can heal.    This morning as I went about my morning chores, feeding the animals, planting a few more seeds in the fall garden, hanging out the freshly washed woven rugs we have here and there in the house, I kept thinking about how merciful God is to restore our health when it fails.  He created within us the ability to regenerate damaged cells.   He didn't have to do that.    The birds were singing, the chickens were clucking, the rooster announcing his presence in only the way a rooster can.  The ducks were quawking and the dog was barking as he chased his very long tail round and round.  Normal morning sounds for us, but so refreshing after being in the hospital with Emery for 3 days, where the sights and sounds were all so different.    I love feeling the grass under my feet and smelling the hay stacked up in the barn.   I love walking to the chicken house, only to stop in my tracks to watch squirrels at play or listen to the crows call one another.   I love to smell fresh air and watch the water from the hose fall like rain as I water the garden.   I love the simple things of life and most of all I love seeing health and vitality restored to the love of  my life, my dear gentle man who daily inspires me.   

Comments

Unknown said…
Praising God with you for the return of your husbands health and for all of the many, many blessings He bestows upon us each day.
(i love the picture here. i am especially interested in the spinning wheel. Do you spin? i am considering getting one myself.)
God bless you both today!
Patty said…
Hi Jackie,
I have been spinning nearly 20 years now and love it. The most relaxing thing I do ! My girls both spin also, they learned at the same time as I did.
Debby Riddle said…
Hurray! He is so faithful!
I love this picture btw
Anonymous said…
What wonderful news Patty! Praising Our Lord with you...that Emery will have a full recovery.

Have a blessed day! :)

Maria
Patty, I'm so glad to hear Emery is continuing to heal. I hope he is back to his old self very soon.
Teri
Lisa said…
I am rejoicing with you Pat that Emery is home and on the way to being strong and healthy again. Praying for total healing and restoration for Emery! Lisa in NM
Mrs.T said…
Patty,
I'm happy to read he is getting better by the day!

Over a year ago I got so sick.. the sickest I've every been in my life.. I will spare you the details but they said it was colitis cause by bacteria ... I thought I was going to die..really ..
Powerful antibiotic ( which later I found out I was allergic too, another story )and lots of rest was what did the the trick..

So here's to Emery's recovery..

Denise in a chilly TN

Popular Posts