Busy Day

I woke with a full agenda for the day.  Out on the track walking before the sun was up.  Came home fixed breakfast, which these days is more like most folks evening meal.  We are eating breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and supper like a Pauper.  Feeling great eating a plant based diet with daily exercise. The weight is just coming off so easily.  37lbs in the last 10 months, slow at first but now its picking up steam and I am needing to buy new clothes !  I had big plans for the day, lots of cleaning and cooking for the next few days, but then something far more important came up.  Melanie and Mei-Ling stopped by for a visit.  Melanie had purchased some fabric to make hospital gowns for Mei-Ling and her doll, for her surgery.   With such a long, painful recovery, we all are wanting to make it as enjoyable as possible.   A big girl bed is in the works, and of course we will try to find sheets that will make her smile and I am going to be collecting special pillowcases for her.  She will have to have two or three pillows on her bed the entire time so that means lots of pillow cases.  She has her special prayer quilt made by with love by so many of my readers and friends.   Mei-Ling has found such comfort in this quilt many times .       I know it will cover her in prayer once again.     Mei-Ling asked if she could spend the day with me today and of course I agreed.  Such a joyful child.  Today when she did a small thing that she was not supposed to, she said to me, "Mimi, you are my angel"   How could I scold her ?  Grandmothers hearts are soft.  I did talk to her about her wrong doing and her heart is so tender she was full of sorrow for her small misdeed.  Tears wiped away and a hug, put the whole misdeed far behind us.  I was reminded how beautiful a child's heart is and how we are to have that same kind of heart.
I played on the floor for hours with this tiny miracle child.  Wool felted toys covered a whole corner.  Little gnomes talking to birds and owls bringing food for tiny wool babies in nestled in woolen leaves.  Imagination is a beautiful thing.   Kindness in her play, reflecting what her home is like.   I hate the thoughts of her having to go through so much in the near future.   Maybe a little shawl for her time in bed or fancy pillow cases or woolen socks to keep her feet warm will help make the time easier for her.  Her tiny doll by her side at all times.   This busy day I had planned turned into a day of play.  The dust can wait and the dishes in the sink will not change one single aspect of my life.  But playing on the floor with a grandblessing, that is life changing.

Comments

Popular Posts