Fall Morning

What blessings abound !  Emery had a full nights sleep, and woke this morning feeling so much stronger.  Full recovery is in sight.   His appetite continues to improve and once he is off the antibiotics I suspect he will feel even better.   Tomorrow we will visit the Doctor and get the results of all the cultures they did, which hopefully will tell us what started all this.   
This morning the air had a bit of that fall crispness to it.  The ground was covered in a heavy dew which is perfect for the seeds I planted yesterday.    This very same dew made it possible for Maddox to greet me with some muddy paws !   I love the changing of the seasons.   Big changes in our life right now, one very big one.  We are participating in a seminar called CHIP, Coronary Health Improvement Program.  Neither of us have any coronary health issues but we want to keep it that way.   The program stresses a plant based diet and an overall healthy life style.   I believe it will also help with my weight loss.  I started the eating plan a few weeks ago, since I had the cookbook already and honestly I feel a ton healthier.  More energy.  My attention span is greater and I am experiencing much clearer thinking and although not high, my blood pressure has dropped along with some seemingly effortless weight loss.  Our son Steven will be attending the 5 weeks of meetings with us which delights my heart greatly.  Today is the first meeting and I am looking forward to it.   We had our blood work done on Tuesday and at the end we will have another one done so we can see the before and after.  This is all part of the program.  The medical science behind it is impressive.  We recently purchased the movie, Forks over Knives and it just inspired us all the more to make more changes in our diet.
Life is good.  God's blessings, abundant.

Comments

Popular Posts