Apple Cider Doughnut Making Day




With the cooler temperatures comes the desire for comfort food and this is one of my families favorites.
I make them with whole wheat flour, which helps me feel better about eating them !

Mei-Ling was here with me today as Yen is quite sick with Croup. Poor baby is having a tough time of it and at this moment, Melanie is at the Children's hospital with him.
Here is the recipe I have come up with through the years.

Apple Cider Doughnuts

Beat 4 eggs well. Gradually add 3/4 cup maple sugar and 3/4 cup sugar. Add 4 tablespoons soft butter and beat well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups apple cider. Stir in 3 cups whole wheat flour and 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour a little at a time, along with 6 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. . Roll out 3/8 inch thick on floured board and cut. Fry in hot fat 375 degrees. Drain on paper towel for a minute or so then dredge in cinnamon sugar while they are still hot.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
Ooooh! I want some!!!

Popular Posts