This morning as I was doing my morning chores, I was amazed at how many bee's and monarch butterflies were busy feeding on the sunflowers and other blooms in our yard.
It was as though they were stocking up much like we do on our homestead for the winter months.
As I was hoeing in the garden, the area around me was buzzing with bee's and the colors of the monarchs kept distracting me from my work and I found myself leaning on the hoe handle just gazing at their beauty.
As the cooler weather has begun to make its appearance here, we are starting to stock up on our staples for winter. The flour bins are filling up as are the rice, sugar, yeast, noodles, dry beans etc.

I love working outside this time of year. The coolness of the morning is so invigorating. Makes you feel good.
Working in the garden makes you feel strong, both emotionally and physically. And there is something about knowing your hard work will put food on the table for months to come. The garden is growing great so I will post some pictures later of a couple of the beds.

Comments

Sunny said…
How pretty! Bet you love the "coolness of the morning". Eagerly awaiting garden pics.
Anonymous said…
I love reading about your garden. It's so hot here in Queensland that I don't go into the garden if I can help it. It is overrun with weeds and poor soil but the thought of making it pretty and productive is just too horrible to contemplate in the heat of summer.

Popular Posts