Pie Making Day.
Some days are just perfect for baking. This morning one of them. It was cool but not cold, a bit damp and just right for pie making. Now I did cheat a bit as I had some frozen pie crust in the freezer that I had made. I am not a big fan of making crusts so when I do make them, I make many and freeze some. One pie is my blue ribbon lemon meringe and the other is an apple crumb.
Nice way to top off our evening meal with a big glass of nice cold milk.
Nothing like good home cookin' right from scratch. No mixes used here !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those pies look yummy! I was cooking the evening meal yesterday and the two younger children came in the kitchen and said "ooh, it smells good in here" - it made me smile and really grateful that they noticed and were looking forward to a lovely meal.

Popular Posts