Chasing Dreams That Make You Miss The Moment


This morning I woke up thinking about the folks that spend almost every waking hour chasing dreams and while doing so, miss the very moment they are in. Missing the present by being absent in dreamland. I am not talking about the time when we make plans and set goals, but the always wanting something more than what they have at the moment, missing this very second in time to be grateful for what they have. So consumed by the thoughts of getting more of this or that, that their own thoughts drown out that small still voice of the Lord that points the way to the life He wants for them.
People seem to go on what they know from personal experience and I can think of two people off the top of my head, both whom I know very well, that have spent their lives putting lots of value on monetary things. One even married with the goal of climbing up a few notches in life and sure there is a big house a few big trips but there is also separate bedrooms and separate lives. Loneliness was the price to pay for marrying with money in mind and not deep and profound love.

Another person is so caught up in getting the best that they have sold out to working so hard and so many hours that there is little time to build good solid relationships and those things are whats left in their life.
Its OK to have money and its OK to have stuff as long as it never gets in the way of building good family bonds, nurturing healthy relationships or steals from the important aspects of life, the very things we do "take with us" in the end. The things we take with us to the Pearly Gates.
I never wanted to be rich and I have had my opportunity, but turned it down. Wanting rather to live a life that is uncomplicated and ordinary. Sure am glad I did. Not sure I would be spending my mornings marvelling at how the dew glistens on the collard greens in the garden or picking hay out of my pockets, or looking at my hands and thinking its time to get out the bag balm and soften them up a bit. And most of all, I chose a life that was to be so full of love it makes me feel like I could burst and have the time to enjoy it.

Comments

Andylynne said…
well said! I love the gentle remingder of what is important in life. Others may think money power and prestige is what they want. But it never fails, somthine always comes up missing, often times when it's to late.
Julian said…
so true! Love the words today. Enjoy all the things and richness from God this weekend!
Chirstina

Popular Posts