Baby Shower


Tomorrow I will be having a Baby Shower for Melanie and what fun I have had planning and preparing for it. Today I finished up some items I am making for the wee Yen. One thing is a bright red Chinese print fabric backed with soft polar fleece to help keep the tiny one warm this winter. It has panda bears on the fabric which Mei-Ling loves. Its good to use things big sister likes too.
The knitted afghan I am making is coming along but won't be done for tomorrow. It seems to take a while to knit rows of 200 stitches with baby yarn when you don't have hours to knit every day ! I asked Melanie to pick out the yarn she liked because I am just a solid traditionalist when it comes to baby things and don't keep up with the modern styles. I think pastels and more in the line of ribbons and smocking.
Melanie went to the Doctors today and all is well. She will be 30 weeks tomorrow and the baby is about 3 lbs 14 oz and an active one.
What excitement we all feel with the anticipation of another blessing in the family. God is good and is not short handed in giving good gifts.
There are things for me to be doing right now so I had better get to it : ) Cooking, cleaning, decorating, sewing a bit more....hope to make a tiny little hat for Yen that will match his new blanket.
Life is good !
It appears by the wintry looking sky that cold weather may just be around the corner and am I glad.

Comments

Janette said…
Enjoy the baby shower! Here is hoping it is a beautiful day- inside and out!
cheryl said…
Sounding like it will be a great baby shower ! I am so happy all is well with Melanie and little Yen . Wish I was closer to stop in and meet you all .
rosellafan said…
so glad that Melanie is better now...she has definitely been in my thoughts and prayers......have a great shower!
I like the cheerful pretties for the baby. Good to hear that the latest crisis has passed. Hopefully things will go well in these final weeks before the baby arrives.
Julian said…
happy Baby Shower DAy! So happy everything is well there! MAKE SURE to take loads of pics, as im sure you will! LOL!
I live in TExas City, so i wont be to the shower in time, wish i was coming!
Love to chat and visit...
Blessings to you and yours, Christina
Lisa said…
I'm so thankful Melanie is already at 30 weeks and doing well. I saw the midwife Wednesday, I was 6 weeks. It was the first appointment so lots of bloodwork, exam, pap, etc. Everything was fine. Still can't believe I'm pregnant and turning 45 in about seven weeks! Lisa in NM

Popular Posts