Candlelight breakfast

There are times when breakfast takes place when its still a bit dark out and that makes it the perfect time to light some candles and linger at the table, talking, and laughing.
This morning we had sweet potato pancakes and eggs, right off the nest. As the dawn broke, the outside world was shrouded in a dense fog that made you want to crawl back into bed and have a perfectly lazy day, but we had lots to do as always. No need for us to head off to some gym for a work-out, we get to do enough work here at home to satisfy our exercise needs. Little weights in the hand pale when compared to hauling hay or lifting 50lb sacks of feed, or even a heavy clothes basket of wet things to hang on the line. That up and down routine of hanging clothes usually lasts beyond that 20 minute aerobic workout the experts tell you that you need and certainly hoeing the garden, row after row accounts for a good workout.
Wouldn't have it any other way, I like the physical work of our homestead life. I sure don't have a problem tying my shoes or climbing a fence and I plan on keeping it that way. And for sure I don't need sleeping pills or even comprehend what insomnia must be like. I hit the pillow every night about 10:30 at the latest and am sound asleep in about 10 minutes, unless I am sick or something.
We live a simple life and its a good life and I can tell you for certain that I am really enjoying feeling on top of the world once again.
Got some fantastic news yesterday.....Melissa is coming out for a visit the first week of December ! Can't wait to see her. James has to work so isn't able to come out but Melissa will get to listen to him every day on the radio and make lots of phone calls. Modern life sure has some good perks : )

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you read Scott Savage's "A Plain Life"?

I finished it today and thought of your blog...
Jo Lynn said…
Pancakes look yummy! You must post the recipe :D

Yay you get to see Melissa in December. We are going to Maryland to see Audrey. I am so excited she is gonna be a mommy in June. Debating what I want to be called. Leaning toward Nana or Nanny.

Jo Lynn
mikesgirl said…
I second the motion - sweet potato pancake recipe please!! Your blog is always so thought provoking - I look forward to coming home each day and seeing what you've written.

Popular Posts