Thinking About Christmas




I slept late today and it felt good. It seems like the month of December has flown by and I hardly got to notice the days being checked off on the calendar. I don't mind though, each and every day was fun, full of blessings that filled me to the core with gratitude for the life I have.
Now that Christmas is over, I would be perfectly happy to take all decorations down, tree included and get back to the normal, pre- Christmas life. I think part of the reason I feel this way, is my love of no clutter and after the holiday, the decorations feel a bit like clutter to me. All the anticipation associated with them is over. I want my corner back for my rocking chair where the tree now sits, that sort of thing.
I have been thinking about what I want to see for myself in the new year. Been making a mental list of goals and objectives and by weekend they will meet with paper and pen and become a commitment of sorts. Its good to write down what you want to see happen, and better yet if you can share them with someone. No doubt you will all get to see my list....not many secrets in my life : )
The city park, with all the lights
and the gazebo all lit up is where Melissa and James and Melanie and Casi both got married, a special place indeed !

Comments

Lovely! And what special memories!
nancyr said…
I know how you feel about wanting to take down the tree, and simplify. I have been thinking about that since Christmas night.
I have started removing decorations and tomorrow I will take the tree down and put everything away.
Being with family during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays was wonderful, but moving on to simplicity is nice.
Getting back to being more frugal will also be welcome!
~Bren~ said…
I have been known to take down the tree and decorations the day after Christmas. I never make it til New Years. This year, today is the day! I too like no clutter and a clean room creates a soothing environment for me (and the children). Love the pictures!
Mimi said…
loved your pictures of the park lights...
I'll bet your daughters weddings were beautiful in the gazebo...
yes Christmas is over and now it is time to think of the committments we are going to make for 2008
blessings on your family (I loved all the family pictures)
Mimi
Shellie said…
Thanks for the pictures. I like how the first one looks like the trees are dancing.

Glad you had a nice Christmas with all of the kids and grandbabies.

Popular Posts