The Greatest Joys, And Hope

It is the day before Christmas and all through our home, there is the wonder of expectations, the joy of preparing for friends and family joining us to celebrate the birth of hope.
There are presents under the tree, goodies to eat, lights that sparkle and stockings hung with anticipation.
I sit here, comfortable in my warm home. I am loved, and love. My children have never been estranged, my husband is the only husband I have had. Those two things along in this world of fractured relationships, are blessings I cannot take for granted. I have never been hungry or gone to sleep at night with feelings of anger towards my loved ones.
My dreams have come true and there are more to come. In my heart lives the joy of understanding the deepest reason Christmas is celebrated. It is hope, hope for a world with kindness and compassion, a world where people will rise to a higher calling and treat each other with that love and selflessness that Christ taught. The hope that anger and revenge will some day disappear and wars between countries, between mother and child, between brothers, husband and wife, between people that claim to seek peace but act with revenge, will all be laid to rest.

I choose to celebrate the hope that mental illness and the crippled bodies that make life so difficult for some will, some day find health.
On this day, the day before Christmas I seek to celebrate Hope, love and joy and the many blessings that have come my way and for the many more I know will follow.
This time of the year is a wonderful time to seek to live a kinder gentler life in the coming year. To live the words of the man for whose birthday we celebrate. He spoke of love !

Comments

A beautiful post. Happy Christmas!
~Bren~ said…
Merry Christmas Patty. I echo Jackie...beautiful post!
Mimi said…
Merry Christmas Patty,
this is a beautiful post... and you have a beautiful life....
{{Hugs}}
Mimi
What a beautiful post dear Patty. You are blessed beyond measure and I am so happy for you! may God continue to bless you!

Popular Posts