50 Things I am Thankful For...





See if you can think of 50 things to be thankful for. . .
1. Life, the very breath that enters my body each day
2. Faith and hope
3. That dear gentle man that I share my life with, with love as fresh and new as the day we married.
4. Melissa
5. Melanie
6. Steven
7. The grandbabies
8. Our children in laws and the joy and happiness they bring our children
9. my sisters
10. friendships
11. Good health and vigor, a blessing beyond words
12. The wood stove on this cold morning
13. A home that I love
14. NO debt, not even our home
15. No drama in my life
16. How good my business is going
17. The computer, for how close it keeps me with friends and family
18. The written word
19. Fall leaves so full of color
20. Snow
21. Holiday preparations, for they are signs of relationships and get togethers
22. For not feeling lonely
23. For a splendid childhood
24. For having my grandmother in our home growing up
25. Milk Goats
26. Finding eggs each day in the nesting boxes
27. The scents of Christmas
28. Our feather bed
29. That I don't want much
30. For teachers that inspired me
31. For roses, their color, their scent
32. Herbs that heal
33. A cup of tea with a friend
34. Music
35. Quiet evenings by lamplight
36 That we homeschooled from our children's beginnings
37. Gray hair, Proverbs 16:31 says Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. (not so sure I am righteous but trying )
38. Laughter
39. Tenderness
40. Wool socks
41. Flannel slips
42. Sunshine
43. Long drives in the countryside
44. Coffee
45. My camera
46. The way winter feels
47. A huge wood pile
48. Silence
49. The smell of hay
50. optimism
I can think of so many more things and my list is in no particular order.
Pictures from my morning walk around the place,
smoke from the chimney against a bright blue sky
Leaves on the red oak tree
Juniper berries
sunshine and shadows

Comments

What nice pictures and what a nice list. You have reminded me to go pick my juniper berries (which are never so large and blue as the ones in your picture) and make some sauerkraut.I use a lot of juniper berries and oil and chopped onions and a knorr's vegetarian bullion cube to make this and I'm trying to replace the cube since I found out it has msg in it. Any ideas?
BTW, I showed your blog to my daughter Alice and when she saw the picture of your hutch cupboard she cried out, "Your soul sister". I have my grandmother's hutch and I decorate it with the seasons and holidays and as my fancy takes me. I think being easily made happy is one of the better blessings in my life.
Patty said…
Swansons now makes a vegetable broth with no msg
http://www.swansonbroth.com/ourproducts.aspx
its really quite good and its organic. I don't know of a vegetable bullion cube that is without MSG though
Thanks Patty. This would work.
Mimi said…
Patty,
this is a wonderful list... I will now make myself a list and know that I will find that I have much more to be thankful for than I even realized.....
have a blessed week
Tammy said…
What a beautiful post!
There is so, so much to be thankful for!
Cathy said…
What a nice list! Thanks for sharing.
I began to make my own list, thinking it would be difficult to find 50 and suddenly I was at 50 and realized I could have gone on and on. God is so good to us.

Popular Posts